Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Because Lists Are Fun & the Primary Reason I Carry a Notebook around with Me

It has been pointed out to me (by Erin, who does the bulk of the pointing out of things to me) that in yesterday's post, when I referred to the shiak (guardian) from the sacred sites complex as Holy Man Jim, I may have been being a bit culturally insensitive and maybe even a little mean. In an attempt to right that potential wrong, and as possible proof of my being a bit daft and/or deaf, I offer you this list of other English-esque phrases I misheard intermixed with Kyrgyz during our trip to Talas:

murder phonebook sloth

dinner plans foretold

Daniel stinks

possum possum hat trick

rock and fractal plane

gruff dinner hardtop kitchen

Machiavelli

jokes sure suck

rock top joke teller

Jerry Lewis joke

Are you a republican?

Comments:
This is funny.

I kind of thought Holy Man Jim was funny too.

The other day I heard an agitated frat guy say to another one, "It doesn't have to be real, dude, it just has to be big and shiny." It may make a good title for something. You can have it, if you want it.
 
Thank you the list. I love it.

And I too got a kick out of Holy Man Jim, but I can see Erin's point, too.
 
That was meant to say, "Thank you for the list," not "Thank you the list," as written.
 
I just thought you were thanking the list itself, which seemed perfectly sensible to me.

Regardless (I think I can speak for the list): you're welcome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home