Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

The Defenders Keep Their Word: a Woman's Day Message from the Menfolk

A selection from the message that popped up on the AUCA server today, just in time for tomorrow's Woman's Day celebrations:

Dear Ladies of AUCA!

The spring season always starts in an atmosphere of a holiday. Indeed, what else can compare with the magic of the spring thaw, songs of birds, and first flowers? There is one thing – the International Women’s Day, with its spirit of Love and Beauty that enliven our senses and elevate our spirits.

On behalf of all gentlemen of our University and us personally we would like to extend our most sincere congratulations to you on this special day. Thank you very much for your tremendous work and graciousness.

We wish so much that your kind smiles never leave your faces! Be loved and be happy every day!


I for one am looking forward to having my senses enlivened and my spirit elevated, as it's been quite some time since that's happened without the aid of chemicals or Peter Jackson's special effects team. But I'm still waiting on the magic of the spring thaw. I mean, the bits that had been covered in snow are now piles of mud with wee sprouts of grass poking out, but I'm still not feeling the magic. Maybe tomorrow. That is, after all, when the spirits of Love and Beauty (capitalized in honor of Emily Dickinson, I assume), those renowned harbingers of magic, supposedly get going. Either way, I'll keep you posted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home