Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Move It Move It

Right, so apparently none of you have been moved by music or economics lately. Neither have I, so no worries. (Though if you've got something on either tip, let's hear it, please.)

Maybe this'll move you, though: there's a new issue of The Burnside Review now out. I like the Burnside Review. I think some of you will also like the Burnside Review. I also think that what Sid Miller has managed to make in the last couple years in enviable and something to be applauded. And since it's a small, independent literary journal, the best way to show your love is to buy a copy. Or eight. If you're not into showing love through monetary transactions (isn't that the American way?), I will point out that I have a poem in the new issue. I had a couple poems in the first issue, as well, so if you're looking to get a hold of collectibles and/or a foundation for that shrine to me you've been thinking about, here's as good a place to start as any.

If you're just plain not into active engagement, Erin uploaded some of the pics from our trip to Talas, so there are pretty things to passively look at here, including this:


Comments:
oh, I was hoping I could read it online. I will go look for this at the Book Nook :).

I have been listening to the same 20 albums for the last 10 years, so I can't recommend music. Also, I don't know anything about economics. I did however just learn what a cardinal's song sounds like, in case you want to know that.
 
I find myself in your same predicament, economically speaking. I never had to take it in high school, and in college I chose other subjects, but now I find myself wondering if I really should know something about how the world's money systems really work.

Also, I haven't listened to anything but NPR and the world music CDs that my mother sends me for special occasions. (Recently she sent us one called "Italian Cafe" for our anniversary.) When I feel bad, I listen to the intro to "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer," by George Thoroughgood, and it always makes me giggle. My favorite part is the banter between George and his landlady:

She said, "I don't believe you're trying to find no job. I saw you this morning. You were leaning up against a post."

I said, "But I'm tired!"

etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home