Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

English Translations as They Appear on the Menu at Our Favorite Chinese Restaurant in Bishkek, Where I Just Ate My Weight in Deliciousness

Cup of Meat
Fish as though Grapes
Rich Crop
Smoked Language
Beef with a Strange
Peanuts in sweet cover
Stewed Sine of Beef
Safe Crisp Fish with Spice Sauce
Special Safe Crisp Fish
Paste Circles with Honey & Sesame
Duck over Peking
Splint-Chopping Chicken
Book Salad
Book with Mustard Sauce
Crisp Book
Bowels with a Pepper
Fish Squirrel with Sweet & Sour Sauce
Tofu with Stuff in Dough
Cabbage with ???
Fried Potatoes over China
Soup with Egg & Purple


File under: , , , , .

Comments:
No...seriously?
 
Seriously. All of it reprinted here exactly as it appears on the menu, including "???" following "cabbage with."

I am slightly flattered that you think I could make this up. So, thanks. I guess.
 
Any time I feel bad at work I'm going to look at this list. It has enormous healing properties. I think it may be my new favorite poem.
 
I'm kind of interested in the "paste circles"?! Is that a way to dress up the paste we all ate in kindergarten?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home